The Saniflo brand produces high-quality and efficient toilets that meet the needs of different users. Their macerating toilet designs consume less water than most standard toilets and can be installed in various places like in the attic, garage, basement, and other tight places. Also, the Saniflo toilets are excellently designed and can easily match the current bathroom designs and decor. If you want a good flushing toilet, then you have to spend more. And thus, the Saniflo toilet’s price is a little bit higher than a standard toilet. Read this Saniflo Toilet reviews post to know more about these macerator toilets.
Our Recommended 2 Best Saniflo Toilet Comparison Table
|Image||Saniflo Toilets||Products Description|
|(MY Top Pick)|
|Saniflo 023 SANICOMPACT 48 One piece Toilet with Macerator Built Into the Base, White|
|Saniflo SaniPLUS Upflush Toilet|
- 1 Our Recommended 2 Best Saniflo Toilet Comparison Table
- 2 Top Two Saniflo Toilet Reviews 2021
- 3 Saniflo 023 Sanicompact 48 one-piece Toilet with built-in macerator
- 4 Saniflo SaniPlus Macerating Toilet kit
Top Two Saniflo Toilet Reviews 2021
In this Saniflo toilet review, we are going to look at the Saniflo Sanicompact toilet and the Saniflo Saniplus one-piece toilet. These toilets offer varying features and are one of the best macerating toilets that you will ever come across.
Saniflo 023 Sanicompact 48 one-piece Toilet with built-in macerator
The Saniflo Sanicompact toilet is different from the standard toilets in that it uses maceration and a pump to get rid of waste instead of flushing them directly into the drainage system. This makes the toilet to be suitable to install in areas where standard toilets cannot be set up.
Apart from discharging toilet waste, it can be connected to a sink as well. The toilet comes with a macerating toilet pump, which can pump up to 100 feet horizontally and 9 feet vertically.
Technical Specifications of the Saniflo 023 Sanicompact:
Saniflo 023 Sanicompact
|Water Usage:||1.0 GPF or 1.3 GPF (operates on a timer)|
|Flush Technology:||Gravity Flush Toilets|
|Special Features:||Saniflo toilet installation process is easy, and flush is quiet in operation|
This toilet is very easy to use as it comes with a button, which upon being pressed, fills the bowl with a set volume of water, and together with the waste, they are drawn through the macerating blades and pumped out through the waste pipe. In addition, the toilet is operated by a 1 gallon and a 1.28-gallon per flush. Although, the water used is not measured as it operates on a timer.
To successfully install this toilet, you will require an electrical outlet nearby to provide power to operate the electric pump and the macerator. Saniflo recommends getting a professional plumber to successfully install this toilet. A bad installation may lead to shock.
Is this toilet worth installing?
Yes, it is. This toilet can be installed easily and quickly without carrying out major renovations. All you need is a water supply line and a pipe to pass the toilet waste. Therefore, you can install this toilet anywhere, be it in the garage, attic, or basement bathroom. However, the cost of this toilet is higher than that of a standard toilet, but it is convenient.
- This is a sturdy and durable toilet as it is made of vitreous china material.
- It uses 1.3 gallons of water per flush, which is less than other toilets.
- The toilet is ideal for installing in areas where standard toilets cannot be installed.
- It is compact in design and can fit in tiny or tight places such as the attic, basement, and garage.
- The Upflush system reduces the usage of toilet paper or sanitary napkins
- One-piece toilet design like the Toto Legato
- This is a versatile toilet as it can also be used to discharge sink water
- The toilet doesn’t require a toilet tank as the flushing action and macerating pump cycle is automatic.
- The manufacturer offers a 2-year warranty.
- The toilet is quite expensive than a traditional toilet
- Some users have complained about the non-return valve not being effective and causing the toilet to run.
- Installing this toilet is a bit complicated
Saniflo SaniPlus Macerating Toilet kit
If you don’t want to break through concrete and install new pipelines to run the waste to the sewer, then you can install the Saniflo Saniplus compact toilet. This toilet comes with a complete kit, and it is very easy to install. It includes a toilet bowl, a tank, and a pump. The toilet allows the user to connect it to the shower, bath, sink, and toilet itself.
In addition, this two-piece toilet has the right seat height and comes with a toilet seat. It is vital to know that the pump operates at 10 PSI and pumps the wastewater upward to 12 feet and 150 feet horizontally.
Technical Specifications of the SaniPlus Saniflo Upflush Toilets:
SaniPlus Macerator Toilet
|Water Consumption:||1.6 GPF|
|Special Features:||Easy to Install, Quiet, Adjustable|
|Warranty:||Full 2-year manufacturer warranty for repair or replacement|
To install the toilet, connect the pump with the spigot of the toilet and the tank to the main water supply. Also, don’t forget to connect the power line after linking it with different drain pipes. The elongated toilet functions very efficiently as it uses 1.6 gallons of water per flush, and it operates silently. On top of that, the manufacturer offers a 2-year warranty.
Some Key Points of Saniflo Upflush Toilet Reviews
- The elongated toilet is versatile as it can be used to discharge water and solids from the toilet, shower, sink, and bath.
- Saniflo’s two-piece toilet is very easy to install by connecting the different parts.
- It reduces the vibrations created by the motor to make it run more smoothly and silently.
- It is very effective in performance as it only uses 1.6 gallons of water per flush.
- The toilet offers a quiet operation.
- It has an elongated bowl design that offers comfort to different users
- The product comes with a 2-year warranty from the manufacturer
- The toilet seat doesn’t stay in position as it shifts around
- The toilet is very expensive
- The low water levels in the toilet allow some waste to cling to the bowl after flushing.
Macerating toilets have simplified things for homeowners as they can be installed in places with no sewer lines and where standard toilets cannot be installed. When choosing a macerator toilet, ensure that you consider its water usage, color, design, size, advancement or smartness, and efficiency in flushing. Saniflo offers some of the best macerating units, and they normally come with a 2-year warranty. Depending on your needs, you can either choose the Saniflo Saniplus toilet or the Saniflo Sanicompact toilet. But, the Saniflo toilet reviews article has given a clear idea about it. Although these toilets are about the same price (Expensive), it’s worth buying. If you need a lower-price toilet, then you can read this Niagara Stealth toilet review.
Q. How can I stop the toilet from running?
Ans. It is probably a problem with the check valve. Usually, gunk buildup on the non-return valve can prevent it from closing very well. This causes wastewater to drain back, and it restarts the pump. This issue can be rectified by removing and cleaning the valve, then returning it back. But if the valve is broken or warped, then you will have to purchase a new one.
Q. What are the advantages of using a toilet with a macerator?
Ans. Such toilets are very effective in performance and report fewer clogs than normal toilets. Also, a toilet with a macerator allows the user to install them in tight places and areas without sewer lines. Such places include the attic, basement, garage, etc. Macerator toilets are also great for disabled people who cannot access the full bathrooms downstairs and need a toilet to be close.
Q. Who should install these Saniflo toilets?
Ans. The two Saniflo toilet designs that we’ve reviewed above are best for places that do not have sewer lines or if installing a normal toilet will cost you a lot. Also, if you don’t want to break concrete or other hard places, Saniflo is a good flushing toilet for you. People with disabilities or those who are ailing and need a toilet close by are also well-off with these toilets as they can be installed in tight places, especially the Saniflo 48 one-piece toilet.
Q. Which color is the toilet?
Ans. The two Saniflo toilet types that we’ve reviewed above come in a white finish. This color easily blends with any bathroom type, and it will add vigor.