You may find tons of new bathroom models in the market, but there are no other toilets more sophisticated and compatible with the generation than the Kohler toilets. Among so many toilets, the Kohler Cimarron has taken a special spot in the Kohler franchise for its eye-grabbing and mind-blowing features, and the main charisma lies within the excellent flushing system that is justified as the Kohler Aquapiston technology, which replaces the old flapper system toilet. Apart from this fantastic flushing mechanism, there are also some unique features of this toilet that will be discussed briefly later, but along with so many fantastic features, there are some minor problems in this toilet. This article will discuss all the troubleshooting problems and the solutions in fine order.
Kohler Cimarron Toilet: Features at a glance
If you are searching for a standard height toilet along with fantastic water-saving technology, then no toilet is better than the Kohler Cimarron toilet. One of the most attractive features of this toilet is that it comes with a powerful flushing system that is denoted as the aqua piston water flushing technology that generates a tremendous pressure of water into the toilet tank, and it is compatible with most of the canister flush valve toilets. Here is the complete a glance specification for your convenience,
Name of the model: Kohler Cimarron
Toilet weight: 93.5 pounds
Rough-in measurement: Available in 10,12, and 14 inches
The shape of the bowl: Available in both round and Elongated shapes
Installation method: Floor-mounted
Water consumption: 1.28 GPF
Flush type: Gravity flush toilet
Unique feature: Meets all the ADA requirements
Why should you buy a Kohler Cimarron Toilet?
This toilet model is full of outstanding features. Here I am enlisting some of the brilliant features of this toilet,
- This toilet uses a single-flush gravity force and a precision-engineered tank, bowl, and trapway to generate a strong and forceful siphon while flushing.
- The aqua piston canister flush valve optimizes the flush performance and impedes warping and deterioration of the toilet. The light-touch canister flush needs a lower actuation force compared to the flapper. The durable canister design has almost 90% less exposed seal material than a 3-inch flapper for initiating leak-free performance.
- The Aquapiston canister permits water to forcefully flow into the bowl from all sides or 360 degrees, developing the flash’s power and effectiveness.
- The elongated toilet bowl initiates more comfort while sitting, especially more comfort to the men and to the old and handicapped.
- This toilet is also available in the comfort height feature that provides chair-height seating, making sitting down and standing up easier for the adults. It is also a doctor-recommended height that is fully comfortable for disabled people.
- The most enticing feature of this toilet is that it uses water-saving technology. It uses only 1.28 gallons of water per flush, which saves an enormous amount of water every year. It is one of the complete Solution toilets that provide everything you need in one box, including the bowl, tank, seat, wax ring, and floor hardware.
- The glossy clear coat surface does not allow the skid marks to grow up on the surface of the toilet.
Demerits we found
Everything on this earth has a positive and negative side, and the Kohler Cimarron is not the exception. Though it has some of the greatest features, some minor demerits must be taken into consideration. Those demerits are described below,
- The Kohler Cimarron is a two-piece toilet, so the maintenance procedure is much more complicated and time-consuming.
- The material that is used in this toilet is not that of decent quality, they have used the basic china material, and the overall design is not that appetizing. In this modern world, people always search for the sleek and trendy, but the design of this toilet is not that satisfying for the modern world.
- This toilet has a bad report on the leakage problem, as it is a two-piece toilet, so the leakage from the tank is a prominent factor in this type of toilet.
Kohler Aquapiston flushing technology
The most astounding feature of the Kohler Cimarron is its outstanding flushing system, which is the Aquapiston technology. This is a brand new invention from Kohler for getting a more powerful pressure-assisted flushing system that needs less water to initiate the flushing mechanism,
Key Benefits of Aquapiston
- AquaPiston canister flush requires a lower actuation force than a flapper. It makes a strong sense here because you are not pulling something against the pressure of water, like in the case of a flapper.
- AquaPiston washes away all the waste and skid marks with a solid 360-degree swirling flushing system and also uses less water to initiate this flush.
- There is no need to clean rim holes as it exerts a swirling action that clears all the waste in the remotest corner of the toilet.
- There is no issue with the old rubber flapper in the AquaPiston technology, so there is no chance of leakage. Also, it comes with a 3-inch diameter flushing valve that ameliorates the flushing performance.
- The main problem is that the AquaPiston technology is much more expensive, and sometimes it causes piston problems.
- Another quite acute problem is that the flapper’s flush handle remains open in most cases until the tank water drains into the bowl.
- Sometimes the flushing problem soars up, and the AquaPiston gets out of order.
|No Flushing Properly|
|Flow Of Water|
|Long Tank Filling Cycle|
|Noisy Tank Fill Cycle|
Common problems you may face with the Kohler Cimarron toilet:
Kohler Cimarron is a fantastic model that has a long list of eye-grabbing technologies and features. But let us see the other side of the coin; along with so many advantages, there are also some acute issues related to this toilet; let us have a look into those issues,
Inadequate Flushing issue
The most common issue with the Kohler toilets is the poor performance of the flushing. There could be some causes behind the poor flushing. Some other problems can be denoted as the obstruction in the waste line, and the water level must be below the average amount. The aqua piston must also be facing grim consequences and may have gathered mineral constituents and become out of order.
No flushing properly
Another common problem might be not flushing while pressing the flush button. The main cause behind it is the disconnection of the chain from the trip lever. If this happens, then just simply rejoin the chain with the trip lever.
The constant flow of water
The main reason behind the constant flow of water might be the damage to the fill valve or the fill valve seat. The flange and the trip bucket must be facing dire corrosion and rust issues. There must be some issues in the water supply line, and the cork cannot stop the incessant flow of water.
Long tank filling cycle
Waiting for water to initiate the flush is a tiresome and annoying incident. The shut-off valve may be closed so that less water passes through the system, and it takes a long time to refill the tank. The valve inlet and the hosepipe that provides water into the tank might have been clogged, which delays the tank’s refilling.
Noisy Tank Fill Cycle
The valve head might be out of order because of excessive dirt and rust. Even high water pressure can extract ghostly sounds. Do not need to worry; cleaning the supply line hose might terminate this sound.
Acute Clogging problems
Most of the users face acute toilet clogging problems. Clogging problems occur when the flush is not that powerful. Even if the trapways are too small to surpass the waste, then it creates acute clogging. An inadequate water supply is one of the main culprits of a clogged toilet.
How do you fix Kohler Cimarron’s toilet problems easily?
Eliminating the acute problems of the Kohler Cimarron takes a handful of time and techniques to solve; let us explore the distinctive processes of troubleshooting the issues,
- To fix the poor flushing performance, open the water supply shut-off valve and remove all the impediments from the trapway, jet, or bowl rim holes and from the waistline. Finally, determine and fix the tank water level to exert a string flushing system.
- To repair the automatically activated fill valve, you need to remove the tank and tighten the flush valve nut if the flush valve gasket is leaking. If leakage still appears, replace the gasket. Then wash the fill valve seat or seat washer of debris and replace the seat washer assembly. Level up the chain for proper slack so the seal cannot block the flush valve seat.
- If you need to eliminate the ghostly sounds of the filling tank, then clear all the debris, dust, and other impurities from the valve head. Flush the lines quite a few times to get the best result. Turn off the water supply valve if the water pressure seems too much.
- Connect the chain with the trip lever to again initiate a string flush again and repair the chain assembly to destroy excessive slack. Finally, wash the valve inlet, valve head, or supply line with the help of cleaning agents. Do not use cleaners that include harmful bleach.
If you encounter minor issues with this toilet, you can check the Kohler Cimarron toilet review. I suggest you be patient and keep your brain cool while troubleshooting the problem. You do not need a plumber to solve these issues. Just define the problem and the location of the faulty parts. Then follow this informative guide to eliminate all the issues. Kohler Cimarron is a tremendous model that adds great value to your toilet. But if you are facing any of the problems apart from the above discussion, let us know, and we may try to provide a simple solution to that problem.
Does the Cimarron meet the requirements of ADA?
The Kohler Cimarron is a comfortable toilet that is almost 17 inches high from the floor, which is quite suitable for adults and people with disabilities. Apart from that, it incorporates a fantastic water-saving technology that uses only 1.28 GPF of water. All these attributes match the requirements of the ADA entirely.
How to unclog a Kohler Cimarron toilet?
There are lots of ways to unclog the Kohler Cimarron toilet, just like you can use a beehive plunger or toilet snakes to unclog the toilet. If this does not work, use vinegar and baking soda mixture and initiate the flush to clear the clogs. If all these tricks fail, call in a plumber and check the entire drainage connection.
Is Kohler Cimarron too loud?
Generally, this toilet is not that loud while initiating flushing. But if there is any sort of dirt in the filling valve or in the hose of the water supply, then it may yield bad noises. Clearing the fill valve may terminate this annoying issue.
Hi, this is Robert Crossan, the owner of this website, has 17 years of experience in the installation, maintenance, and repair of toilets and plumbing systems. After completing the Level 2 Basic Plumbing course in 2005, I started working in both domestic and commercial buildings as a professional plumber. So I can figure out the core difference between different toilet models and brands. It also helped me monitor their work performance and setbacks.