Kohler is one of the biggest franchises in the world in the arena of the modern toilet industry. This company has been a giant in the toilet business for decades. It has produced hundreds of valuable and astonishing toilet models over the years; among the rich collection of toilets in the arsenal, one of the most outstanding and most demandable toilet models of all time is the Kohler wellworth. It is a tremendous type of two-piece toilet incorporated with fabulous water-saving technology, but every product has its own merits and demerits. Kohler Wellworth is not an exception. Along with some fantastic and eye-grabbing facilities, it showcases some negativities also. This article will discuss the possible troubles caused by the wellworth and depict an elaborate measure to solving the problems. Let’s dig deep into the topic.
|High/low water level
Short Overview of Kohler Wellworth Toilet:
It is a tremendous type of two-piece toilet that comes with eco-friendly technology. They have used the water sense technology in this toilet, which can save. This toilet is available in three different rough-in measurements; those are 10, 12, and 14 inches rough-in. Apart from the sleek design and looks, this toilet has a foolproof gravity flushing system and a glossy surface that does not stick any skid marks on the surface of the toilet. Let us have an overview of the specifications of this toilet model,
Name of the model: Kohler wellworth
Toilet weight: 3.2 ounces
Rough-in measurement: 10, 12, and 14 inches
The shape of the bowl: Elongated shape
Installation method: Floor-mounted
Water consumption: 1.28 GPF
Flush type: Gravity flush
What are the advantages of using a Kohler wellworth commode?
The Kohler wellworth toilet comes with an enormous amount of advantages. That’s why this toilet is considered one of the hottest creations of the renowned brand Kohler. Let us explore the merits of this toilet,
- It has a dual flusher flush valve system that has tremendous technology that generates 360-degree flushing and removes all the skid marks from the toilet.
- The biggest advantage is its price; getting so many updated features on a low budget is truly amazing. This toilet is very budget-friendly, so anyone with a tight budget can easily afford it.
- It occupies single-flush gravity and uses the force of gravity and a precision-engineered tank, bowl, and trapway to create a strong siphon during flushing.
- The Class-Five flushing technology offers easy evacuation of heavy load waste. It requires minimum space in the bathroom, so it can be an ideal choice for small bathrooms.
- The toilet model comes with three rough-in measurements, so choose the right one. It incorporates the drydock installation system, which is a foolproof installation system that takes less difficulty to install the toilet.
Minor disadvantages we noticed:
All things have an evil side, and the Kohler wellworth is not an exception. Apart from its amazing advantage, there are sine minor demerits that have been discussed below,
- The maintenance of this toilet is a really difficult one. This toilet is constructed with china materials, a below-average material that gathers cracks and scratches in a simple move.
- Experiencing cracks is a common cause for Kohler wellworth; it keeps all the skid marks and is difficult to clean.
- Some Kohler wellworth toilets feature wobbling and rocking problems that are quite annoying for the users. The elongated shape of the toilet takes up much more space in the bathroom. So if your toilet is much smaller, then you may have to face a shortage of space.
Necessary Parts of Kohler Wellworth Toilet
There are hundreds of parts in the Kohler wellworth, and all the parts are necessary for the smooth operation of the toilet. Here I am enlisting some of the essential toilet parts,
Class five fill valve
This is one of the most crucial toilet parts as it produces a heavy flush for sweeping away all the heavy waste. It is incorporated with a quieter flush, and it releases water in a swirling action. The direct-fed water jet allows the waste to evacuate quickly through the trapways.
Toilet Lid and Toilet seat
The toilet lid is the cover or hood that protects the internal parts of the water tank. It is normally made of porcelain or ceramic, or glass. That’s why it is pretty sensitive. And the round or elongated toilet seat is attached to the toilet bowl where the users sit.
Toilet rims and flange
The upper segment of the toilet bowl is slightly thickened so that it can prevent spillage from the toilet bowl, and it is called the rims. The flared rims are the most common in the toilet. The flange is the portion that is held between the bottom of the toilet and the outlined drainage pipe.
Flush Valve Washer
The circular rubber element is used inside the toilet tank to prevent acute leakage. This rubber compound is effective enough to eliminate the leakage problem.
Flush Valve Gasket
The valve gasket is likely similar to the valve washer, but it prevents leaks by providing a better seal. The rubber valve gasket lasts longer if the water has fewer mineral compounds.
Metal Arm Trip Lever
It is the long and thin portion where the chain is attached to control the opening and closing of the flapper. The flush becomes inactivated if the chain is disconnected from the trip lever.
6 Common Kohler Wellworth toilet problems:
A toilet generally encounters a lot of problems, and wellworth is not an exception. Here I will discuss some of the common issues related to the Kohler wellworth,
Poor flushing system
The most common type of problem is the poor flushing system of the toilet. There are several reasons for the poor flushing systems, and some of them are,
- The water level in the tank must be below so that the pressure of the water becomes insufficient to sweep away all the waste.
- The trapway or rim holes must have been facing any kind of obstruction. The trapway is the hole of the toilet by which the waste passes through to the drainage pipe on the way to the septic tank. If it is blocked, then how will waste pass through the toilet?
- The vent pipe may have been obstructed, and It is actually the exhaust pipe by which the toxic gasses pass through the bathroom. It may accelerate poor flushing.
- The Supply shut-off valve may be opened partially or may have been blocked. The fill valve also faces acute rust in the system.
Improper water level height
If the water level in the tank is not up to the mark, then it can create an unnecessary nuisance for the toilet. The float valve may not have adjusted to correct the water level. Sometimes the flapper cannot hold water in the tank and leaks. This can be the main cause of insufficient water level height.
The noisy tank fill cycle
The water tank is connected to an incessant water supply hose pipe. Sometimes the filling of the tank produces unwanted ghostly sounds because of a plugged valve inlet or supply line. Clogs may have been gathered in the valve inlet and impeded the natural filling rate of the tank.
Overflows may happen when water can not pass through the outlined sewage pipes. The main reason is clogged trapways. Sometimes heavy-duty waste denies passing through the trapways, and then it requires a quick and surfing flush to evacuate those waste.
The toilet remains to inactivate
It is a common problem to face an inactivated toilet, which means water does not come out of the tank when you push the flush button. The possible reason would be the disconnection of the chain to the lift rod or flush valve. Just connect the chain with the trip lever, and the problem will be solved.
The float valve turns on automatically
There are many reasons for the activation of the float valve. Some of the causes are,
- The flush valve flapper ball got worn, dirty, or misaligned with the flush valve seal, or the seal must be corroded.
- There is no such kind of slack in the flapper chain assembly, and there is no mechanism for holding the flapper off the seat.
- The tank water level gets above the overflow level, so the toilet runs. Water leaks through the past flush ball. The trip lever gets bound, and it makes the flush ball open.
- The foreign particles are gathered to the valve seat or valve seat washer creating a pure blockage in the valve seat itself, or the seat washer becomes worn out.
These are the acute problems caused by the activation of the float valve, and it is one of the most common toilet problems you can ever experience.
How to fix the Kohler Wellworth toilet problems?
In the previous phase, we have seen the possible problems with the Kohler wellworth toilet. Now it is our solemn duty to share the troubleshooting process with you in a brief manner. So let us know those troubleshooting procedures in a brief aspect,
- To solve the toilet’s activation problem, you must reconnect the chain.
- If you want to fix the poor flushing problem, adjusting the water tank level is needed. Then Clear all the obstructions from the soil pipe and the vent line. It is also necessary to open the supply shut-off valve and unclog the trapway, and cleaning the rim holes may terminate the poor flushing problem.
- To solve the incessant entrance of water into the toilet bowl, you must clean the valve seat or the seat washer, then replace the piston or seat washer assembly. Then Adjust the water tank level and replace the flush ball; the next step is to turn the trip lever nut clockwise to loosen it until the trip lever hitches no longer. And finally, replace the washer of the seat.
- If you want to solve the issue of automatically turning off and on the Float valve, you must examine and clean the flapper ball. After that, replace the flapper ball and seat, respectively. Finally, adjust the flapper chain assembly to adjust the appropriate slack.
- The noisy tank fill cycle can be solved by cleaning the valve seat or the seat washer, Then replacing the piston and the seat washer assembly.
- Toilet overflow issues can be removed by Clearing the blockage from soil pipes or vent pipes.
Almost every toilet problem is acute in terms of adjustability and usability. The above points cover all the arenas of these acute toilet problems. So, try these fixes by yourself before calling up the plumbers.
Kohler Wellworth is a great bet in such a budget-friendly aspect. You get a combined Class Five flush along with the canister flush, which produces an unimaginable strong flush removing away all the waste. It comes with a water-saving technology which is quite necessary in the modern world. And guess what? This toilet comes with a tremendous five-year guarantee that satisfies every customer’s needs. With all of these stupendous benefits, this toilet also has some demerits and problems, which are common in most toilets. When you face any sort of problem with Wellworth, just follow this extensive article and diminish all the issues without the help of any professional.
We are really lucky to have a hard-working, multi-skilled plumber on our team. Collin D. Gallegos, a professional plumber who has worked with us since 2012, is an expert in vent, septic, and drainage systems. He is a Certified Master Plumber and has worked on various commercial plumbing projects. He usually helps our readers resolve plumbing and pipe-related issues with a proper DIY troubleshooting and repair guide.