American Standard is one of the most popular toilet names on the market. The brand has a wide array of toilets to offer from high performance to high style and in between. Unlike other top toilet brands like Kohler and Toto, American Standard offers its high-quality toilets at very reasonable prices.
Among the various toilet models offered by American Standard, the American Standard Titan and American Standard Champion 4 toilet models are some of the most popular. We’re going to compare these two toilets and find out which one is the best. Read on to find out more American Standard Titan VS Champion 4 toilet.
Over the years, American Standard has demonstrated to be a top brand that offers quality washroom fixtures and fittings that amaze you with beauty and outstanding performance. This great status has enabled their products to be embraced by 3 out of 5 homes in America, as well as in public places.
Comparison Chart: American Standard Titan VS Champion 4
|Certification:||No||ADA Complaint, certified frustration-free|
|Performance:||factory flush not tested||100% factory flush tested|
|Water Consumption:||1.6 GPF||1.6 GPF|
|Dimensions:||30.25 x 18 x 31.19 inches||29.75 x 17.75 x 29.5 inches|
|Slow-Close Seat:||Not Included||Include|
|Warranty:||10-Year only Mechanical parts||Limited 10-Year|
|Trapway:||2-3/8 inches||2-3/8 inches|
|Price:||Currently unavailable||Check Price|
Detail Features: Difference Between American Standard Titan and Champion 4
American Standard 3893.016.020 Titan Toilet
The American Standard Titan ProOne two-piece toilet is sturdily constructed with outstanding features. The toilet is made of an elongated vitreous China material that is durable. It features the ProOne flushing system for efficient performance and a fully glazed 2-1/8-inch siphon trap way, which moves a 60 percent more mass than a standard 2-inch trap way. The Titan toilet uses just 1.6 gallons of water per flush, allowing you to save water. The only shortcoming of this toilet is that you have to purchase the toilet seat separately.
- Made of durable vitreous China material
- Has a reliable one flush system in the ProOne flushing system
- The large trap way moves up to 60 percent more mass
- Easy to install
- It has an extended footprint for easier replacement
- The elongated bowl design provides more sitting area
- The manufacturer offers an excellent 10-year warranty on trim parts and a limited lifetime warranty on Chinaware.
- It is difficult to clean the toilet as it has nooks and crannies on the outside instead of a skirted design.
- The toilet seat has to be bought separately as it is not included in the purchase
American Standard 2034314.020 Champion 4 Toilet
The Champion 4 is one of the most popular toilets on the market. It is very durable and efficient in performance. Thanks to its powerful champion 4 flushing system, 4-inch piston action accelerator flush valve, and large fully glazed trap way, which ensures all waste is cleared in one flush. Moreover, the flushing operation is quiet. This modern toilet design also features an Everclean surface that keeps the toilet cleaner for longer, so, no need for thorough cleaning. Unlike the Titan toilet, the Champion 4 has a slow close seat which is included in the purchase. In addition, the toilet is of an ideal height and uses only 1.6 gallons of water per flush.
- Elegant and lovely design
- Conserves water as it only uses 1.6 gallons per flush
- The large fully glazed trap way ensures no waste remains behind
- The Everclean surface keeps your toilet cleaner for longer
- A slow close seat is included saving you the extra cost of acquiring one
- Easy to install as it has a standard 12-inch rough-in
- Quiet operation
- The powerful champion 4 flushing system clears all the content and leaves the bowl clean
- Difficult to install on your own as it is very bulky
- It is expensive compared to the Titan
Final Decison: American Standard Titan or Champion 4 toilet?
After reading our review on the American Standard Titan and American Standard Champion 4 toilets, you can now easily come up with your final verdict. The Champion 4 toilet has proven to be the superior toilet model, but it is quite expensive. The toilet is 100% factory flush tested, elongated bowl design, and it is a one-piece toilet. On the other hand, the Titan toilet model is a two-piece toilet, isn’t ADA Complaint and warranty cover only Mechanical parts. These two toilets use the same amount of water per flush, and they are very efficient in performance.
Question: How do 1.6 GPF toilets differ from older toilet models?
Answer: Since a 1.6 gallon per flush is created to flush with less water, you will observe all the water does not leave the tank after flushing. Additionally, you will see the water spot in the bowl is smaller since less water is required in order to operate the toilet efficiently. The toilet will perform optimally if all the wastes are positioned within the water spot of the bowl and not on the sides of the toilet.
Question: Where can I find the model number of my American Standard toilet?
Answer: With great caution, remove the tank lid, and put it slowly on the floor. You will see a four-digit number written on the back of the tank, close to the water level mark. This is your tank model number. If the number begins with a two, it is a one-piece toilet, while if it begins with a four, it is a two-piece toilet.
- 1 Comparison Chart: American Standard Titan VS Champion 4
- 2 Detail Features: Difference Between American Standard Titan and Champion 4
- 3 Final Decison: American Standard Titan or Champion 4 toilet?
- 4 FAQ
I hope you have gotten your answer after reading this American Standard Titan VS Champion 4. You can comment below for more information.