Are you confused between choosing the Toto G400 and Toto G500 toilets? Worry not, as you’re not alone. Many people are confusing these two toilets to be different, but they are actually one. To make this straight, the Toto Washlet G400 one-piece toilet is an upgraded version of the Toto Washlet G500. In short, Toto has created a new toilet model that is replacing the most popular Toto G500 model. Still, a few people consider buying a G500 toilet instead of a G400. In this Toto G400 VS G500 comparison, we’ve compared these two toilets’ features, their pros, cons, and differences.
If you are looking for a luxurious toilet, then Toto Washlet G500 and G400 are both the best modern toilet models that you can buy. But if you are confused between the Toto G400 and G500 toilet, then I will help you to make the right decision. Read to the end.
Features Comparison Chart: Toto G400 VS G500
Toto Washlet G400
Toto Washlet G500
|Update Version:||Yes||Initial Version|
|New Feature Name:||Premist||Isn’t Available|
|Weight:||100 pounds||90 pounds|
|Size:||28.6 x 11.6 x 26.9 inches||28.5 x 11.8 x 25.2 inches|
|Flash Type:||Dual Flush Toilet||Dual Flush System|
|Certification:||WaterSense certified||Watersense certified|
|Pricing Idea:||Slightly Cheaper||Slightly Higher|
|Price:||Check Price||Check Price|
- 1 Features Comparison Chart: Toto G400 VS G500
- 2 Differences Between the Toto Washlet G500 and G400
- 3 Which One is Better? Toto G400 OR G500?
Toto G400 Washlet With Integrated Toilet
Washlets are the future of toilets. Not only are they efficient in maintaining the toilet, but they also help toilet users to have an easy time as there is no tissue paper needed in cleaning under.
Toto G400 is one of the latest Washlets in the market. It has been incorporated with additional features that make it bring a totally new experience to the users. Just like other washlet toilets, this toilet is compactly constructed to fit well in the modern bathroom. It has a sleek look, and the luxurious construction is amazing.
The Toto washlet 1-piece toilet comes with the dual-max 3D tornado flushing system that combines with CeFiONtect glaze to keep the toilet clean after every use. It is also comfortable to sit on or stand up as it has an elongated bowl design and a comfortable bowl height. If it’s cold, it has a heated seat and is very comfortable to use. These and many other features make this a great toilet to install in your master bedroom.
- Premist function prevents waste from sticking
- SoftClose seat prevents slamming of the toilet seat
- Sleek and compact design
- Supply warm water
- 3D tornado flushing system clears contents in a single flush
- Self-cleaning wand eliminates the use of toilet paper
- Comfortable elongated toilet bowl design and universal height
- A heated bidet seat allows the user to use the toilet even when it’s cold
- CeFiONtect glaze keeps the surface clean for longer by preventing particulates from sticking
- Deodorizer gets rid of bad smells
- Cleansing function for better hygiene
- 1-year warranty
- The toilet cannot function without electricity
- It is somehow expensive
- Using this toilet for the first time is quite difficult, and one has to get used to it first.
Toto MS970CEMFG#01 G500 Toilet Review
The Toto washlet G500 brings a new experience to your home like never before. This toilet can be operated without touching it but by simply using a remote control. It has a comfortable elongated bowl and is ADA compliant for use by different people. It also uses a dual flushing mechanism that helps you save water, and it has a CeFiONtect glaze (SanaGloss) that helps keep the toilet clean for longer.
With a one-year warranty, heated seat, SoftClose seat, deodorizer, and a cleansing wand, this is a great addition to any modern bathroom.
- Sleek and low profile design
- Dual max flushing system saves water
- Hands-free operation
- Automatic flushing technology
- Skirted design for easy cleaning
- Convenient heated seat for all-weather
- SoftClose seat prevents slamming
- Automatic opening/closing lid
- Cleansing wand improves hygiene as you don’t have to clean yourself under
- The air deodorizer keeps the air in the toilet fresh before and after use
- 1-year warranty
- This toilet is quite expensive
- It is quite challenging to use for the first time
- Requires electricity to fully function
Differences Between the Toto Washlet G500 and G400
The Toto G400 comes with an extra feature which is the PreMist. This function uses an incoming water supply, and a premist wets the toilet bowl surface. In return, it helps get rid of waste, approximately 80% more effective than a dry bowl.
Allows the user to select volume
Apart from the PreMist, the G400 also allows the user to select the volume of water to use for flushing the toilet. This is not the case with the G500, which makes a choice after you stand up from the toilet bowl. As a result, you may end up saving more water.
Pricewise, the G500 is more expensive when compared to the G400 because of its old production cost. The features in these two models are almost the same, but the G400 features are slightly advanced.
It is also worth noting that the G400 is slightly heavier than the G500 toilet. But, you will not face any challenge to install G400 or G500 toilets because of their straightforward installing process. And no need for a professional plumber to install them.
Which One is Better? Toto G400 OR G500?
Both toilets share the same features and have similar performance. But, It is not difficult to decide which one of these two toilets is better. The G400 has a PreMist feature, and it is the improved version of the G500. And the G400 toilet price slightly cheaper too. Thus, I will recommend the Toto G400 Washlet one-piece toilet. While for those who are ready to spend a little bit more on the most popular Washlet version, I will suggest the Toto Washlet G500 one-piece toilet. Still, have a question after reading this Toto G500 VS G400 toilet? Comment below.