Do you want to get the best-selling Flushing toilets from the American Standard brand? If you are looking for a versatile toilet, look no further than the American Standard Champion 4 toilet. This one-piece elongated toilet offers outstanding features and great performance. Champion 4 toilet has a unique siphon jet flushing system that moves large solid wastes of 1 000 grams. This is with the help of its 4-inch accelerator flush valve, which is 3 times faster than the industry standard 2-inch flush valve. Besides having excellent features, its price is a bit favorable compared to other brands with the same model, such as Kohler and Toto. We will discuss more in this American Standard Champion 4 review post.
In addition, the Champion 4 has a 2-3/8-inch fully glazed trap way that is large and moves the waste easily and faster. I have listed here the best American Standard toilet. But, this Champion 4 toilet is my all-time favorite because the toilet requires less space compared to an American Standard Champion 4 Max toilet.
One-Piece Elongated Toilet American Standard Champion 4 Reviews 2022
The standard height of the toilet makes sitting and standing easy. During every flush, the toilet only uses 1.6 gallons of water. Thus you will save water. With its EverClean surface, cleaning the toilet is made easy. Choose from the three colors offered, which are white, linen, and bone.
Technical Specifications of the American Standard Champion 4 Toilets:
|Water Consumption:||1.6 GPF|
|MAP Testing Score:||>= 1000 (Highly Recommended)|
|Flush Type:||Siphon Jet|
|Special Features:||Comfort Height Toilet|
|Dimensions:||29.8 x 17.8 x 29.5 inches|
|Warranty:||Limited 10-Year warranty|
Features and benefits of American Standard Champion 4 toilet
- 1 One-Piece Elongated Toilet American Standard Champion 4 Reviews 2022
- 2 Features and benefits of American Standard Champion 4 toilet
- 3 Why Buy American Standard Champion 4 Elongated Toilet?
- 3.1 How to fix Common American standard champion 4 toilet problems?
- 3.2 How to install the Champion 4 toilet?
- 3.3 American Standard Champion 4 flush valve replacement guide
- 3.4 Conclusion
- 3.5 FAQs
Vitreous China construction
This is a very strong and durable material that has been tested. Vitreous China material will last for very long, and you will be able to use this toilet for at least 10 years or more. So, this is a good investment for any homeowner due to its durability and great performance.
Siphon jet flush system
When it comes to clearing the solid waste in the bowl, this toilet does so greatly. The Champion 4 uses a siphon jet flush system that moves 70% larger than the industry standard. Therefore, you will only use 1.6 gallons of water per flush and eliminate the solid waste in the toilet bowl. Actually, the toilet is rated as having the capacity to move 1 000 grams very efficiently.
Unlike some toilets on the market, which leave the toilet in a total mess after flushing, this is not the case with the American Standard toilet. Because it comprises an EverClean surface that inhibits the growth of mildew, mold, and bacteria, hence leaves the toilet cleaner for longer after every flush. This is not just inside the toilet but as well outside.
Related product: American Standard Champion 4 VS Titan
Elongated bowl design
Most people prefer elongated toilet bowl designs over the round bowl because of the comfort that they offer. The Champion 4 is one of those toilets with a large sitting area as the tank doesn’t take up much space since it is a one-piece design. So, different users can have an easy time using the toilet as it has a lot of sitting space. With the self-closing seat fitted, you will have great comfort using this toilet.
Like American Standard Vormax, One-piece toilets offer a lot of advantages over two-piece toilets. First of all, the Champion 4 is very easy to install because you don’t have to install the tank and bowl at different times. Besides, this toilet is very easy to clean as your cleaning is simplified. No mold, mildew, or bacteria will hide in the toilet tank, as in the case of two-piece toilets.
American Standard Champion 4 is ADA Compliant
If you have been looking for a powerful ADA-compliant toilet, the Champion 4 will meet your needs. This toilet can be fitted in public restrooms or even in homes. This is because it has a standard bowl height, and the chrome trip lever is located on the left side of the toilet.
4-inch accelerator flush valve
One of the unique features of the Champion 4 toilet is that it comes with a 4” accelerator flush valve. This valve is very powerful and fast. It pushes the water into the bowl three times faster than the standard 2-inch valve, two times faster than the 3-inch valve, and one-third quicker than the 3-1/4-inch valve. That’s how powerful it is.
Related Toilet Comparison: American Standard Champion 4 VS Cadet 3 Toilet
2-3/8-inch trap way
This is the largest trap way that you will come across in any toilet. The fully glazed large trap way moves 40% larger mass than the 2-1/8-inch trap way. And when compared to the 2-inch trap way, it moves around 70% larger mass than it.
Easy to install
This toilet has measurements of 29-3/4 x 17-3/4 x 29-1/2 inches. Also, it has an industry-standard 12-inch rough. With such dimensions, the American Standard Champion 4 toilet installation is very easy and quick. It comes with two-bolt caps, and you will only have to purchase the self-close toilet seat and wax ring.
10-year limited warranty
Most of the time, toilets get damaged during shipping, and that’s why it’s crucial to acquire a toilet with a warranty. Of all the famous brands in the market, American Standard offers the best warranty on its products. As a matter of fact, the American Champion 4 and Champion 4 Max, both elongated toilets, come with a 10-year warranty, which is just exceptional. So, you have nothing to worry about as you can get a replacement for damaged parts.
Why Buy American Standard Champion 4 Elongated Toilet?
- The toilet has an EverClean surface that prevents mold, mildew, and bacteria, thus keeping the toilet cleaner for longer.
- The toilet can be installed in a small bathroom space
- It is constructed with Vitreous China material which is sturdy and very durable.
- The toilet utilizes the siphon jet flush technology, which is very powerful and clears the large waste in a single flush.
- This toilet is very comfortable to use as it is of a standard height and has the trip lever on the left side, thus ADA compliant.
- This WaterSense Certified toilet is also very comfortable as it comes with an elongated bowl design with extra sitting space.
- Being a one-piece toilet, cleaning this toilet is very easy, and you won’t do it frequently because of the amazing flushing power that cleans it every time you flush it.
- The 4-inch accelerator valve pushes the water into the bowl three times quicker than the standard 2-inch valve.
- The user gets a 10-year limited warranty from the manufacturer
- Some customers have complained that the toilet is not level at the base
- The toilet doesn’t come with a toilet seat and wax ring
How to fix Common American standard champion 4 toilet problems?
There are tons of toilet problems that the American standard champion 4 faces tons of toilet problems during the installation and after use. Some of the problems are described here,
- Toilet leakage issue
There might be a poor supply line connection that must be rechecked.
- Fail to flush
The flush valve chain may be disconnected, or there may be some sort of sludge in the water. Check these issues carefully.
- The toilet keeps on running.
Turn off the water supply and clean debris from the sealing surface. Replace the cap and fix all the parts.
- Flush valve collapse
The supply flush valve may be partly closed due to excessive impurities. Replace the flush valve and recheck the procedure.
How to install the Champion 4 toilet?
The installation process is elaborated here,
First, take the rough-in measurement. Then break the seal and bring the toilet parts to one place. Install the wax ring around the waste flange. Then install the whole toilet.
Install the caps with the washers. Then install the tank and Secure it with metal nuts.
Install the toilet seat and tighten all the nuts and bolts that are given to the seat.
Attach the water pipe with the tank and turn on the water tap. You can easily install an American standard champion 4 toilets by following the above process.
American Standard Champion 4 flush valve replacement guide
Replacing the champion toilet valve is not difficult. You just need to carry on some steps to install the toilet successfully; let us see how the American standard champion 4 flush valves are replaced,
- The first step is to stop the water supply; Then, you need to remove the clevis pin attached with a hairpin. These pins are attached to the main lever system of the toilet. Then put off the refill tube clip overflow tube, which is attached to the inside and underside portion of the tank itself.
- Introduce a sturdy wrench and apply it to pull out the gasket of the toilet. You must pull off the old shattered one and replace it with a brand new flush valve.
- Then the next step is to attach the new flush valve to the toilet. Connect the gasket nuts and inspect all the parts to see if they tighten correctly. Install the new tube clip overflow tube and secure it with a workable hairpin
- Then check the refill clip and tube and turn on the water supply. By following some simple steps, you can easily replace the flush valve.
Sometimes, the American standard champion 4 encounters a basic and common problem: the flush valve seal problem. It is an acute kind of problem, and it hampers the normal flow of water into the water tank. Let us see how to fix the seal flush valve issue,
- The initial step is to shut off the water supply; Then, you need to disconnect the chain.
- It is a precaution that you must not add anything uncanny foreign materials to the sealing plane surface. Then elevate the float, Pull the seal out of the groove, and slide up over the float.
- Finally, remove the damaged flush valve from the toilet. Then install a brand new flush valve following the instruction backward.
It is the simplest way to replace the new flush valve in the toilet tank.
With such amazing features and performance, you can now tell why the American Standard Champion 4 is one of the most used elongated toilets on the market. This toilet provides comfort, is easy to clean, and has a powerful flushing mechanism. Acquiring this toilet will help you save water as it only uses 1.6 gallons of water per flush. So, it is suitable for installation in restrooms as well as in homes. Thus, This is one of my favorite modern toilets, and as I said earlier in this American Standard Champion 4 toilet reviews article.
Can I install the champion 4 toilet?
Ans. Yes, you can. Installing the champion 4 toilet is very easy, just like any other standard toilet. This is because it comes with a 12-inch rough and two bolt caps. All you will need is to purchase a soft close seat and wax ring to set up the toilet. Then, follow the instructions in the user’s manual.
How much water do I save when I use this toilet?
Ans. Since this great toilet uses 1.6 gallons of water per flush, it meets the current water-saving standards but not for all states, as some require toilets to use 1.28 GPF. But still, champion 4 allows the user to save at least 2 000 gallons of water per year, which is something great.
Does this toilet require regular maintenance?
Ans. This toilet is very easy to maintain since it’s a one-piece design. You will only have to clean it once in a while as it has an EverClean surface that stays clean for longer after every flush. Also, the powerful flushing system leaves the toilet clean after every flush.
Where to buy the American standard champion 4 toilets?
The American standard champion IV toilet is a tremendous toilet of its kind. This product is available on the online platform. You can check the original website of the American Standard, or you can buy it from different online commercial sites like Amazon, Walmart, and Alibaba. This product is available in these universal medium platforms.
Is the American standard champion 4 a good toilet?
Undoubtedly it is a decent toilet that comes With super water-saving technology and a tornado flush that removes all the skid marks. It is essentially a budget-friendly option for your bathroom.
Useful Resources to Compare With Other Models: