The Toto Carolina ii toilet model is one of the latest additions to the Toto line of products. Just like many other Toto toilets, this one comes with outstanding features. The Toto Carolina ii is a luxury toilet with lots of advanced features. This toilet has lots of features similar to Toto Aimes. Although, You can consider buying Toto Carlyle II, which is less expensive & similar features but doesn’t have Washlet features.
The Toto Carolina has a wide range of flushing toilets to choose from. In our Toto Carolina ii reviews, we will look at the most popular Carolina II washlet+ and the Carolina II high-efficiency toilet models.
The Carolina toilet model features a powerful flushing system, SanaGloss finish, universal height, compact toilet designs, and ADA-compliant toilets. So, you can be guaranteed to save on your water bill but, at the same time, clear all the waste in the bowl with just a single flush.
Two Best-Selling Toto Carolina ii Toilets Reviews in 2023
|Image||Carolina ii Toilets||Key Features|
|(My First Choice)|
|TOTO MW644584CEFG#01 WASHLET+ Carolina II One-Piece Elongated Toilet and WASHLET Bidet Seat|
|(Easy to Clean)|
|Toto MS644114CEFG#01 Carolina-2 One-Piece High-Efficiency Toilet with SanaGloss|
Toto MW644584CEFG#01 Carolina ii 1.28 GPF One-Piece Toilet
If luxury is what you’re looking for, then the Toto Carolina II one-piece elongated toilet is great for you. This washlet+ bidet seat and toilet is durably built to offer comfort but still perform at a very high level. It uses the tornado flush system to clear the contents in the bowl with just one flush using 1.28 gallons of water per flush. Therefore, you get to save on water usage and, at the same time, reduce your water bill. Furthermore, the toilet is very easy to clean as it features ewater+, tornado flush, and CeFiONtect glaze that help to keep it clean after every use.
Technical Specifications of the Toto Carolina ii Toilet
|Water Consumption:||1.28 GPF|
|Number of Handles:||One|
|Five adjustable temperatures:||Yes|
|Auto open/close lid and heated seat:||Yes|
|Automatic air deodorizer and nightlight:||Yes|
|Item Weight:||102 pounds|
|Dimensions:||28.3 x 17.5 x 25.6 inches|
|Warranty:||One-Year Limited Warranty|
|Price:||Check Today’s Price|
The Carolina ii washlet plus is very easy to maintain as it is a one-piece toilet. There is no hiding place for molds or things that make maintaining a two-piece toilet to be challenging. In addition, this toilet has no hard-to-reach crannies and nooks as it is skirted. So, cleaning is made easy, and it beautifies your bathroom. Whether you’re old or young, using this toilet isn’t a problem at all. This is because it is ADA-compliant.
Related: Less Expensive – Toto Legato Toilet Reviews
Other outstanding features that make this toilet to be exceptional are its heated seat with five adjustable temperature and pressure controls. Also, it has a nightlight, auto-open/close lid, and automatic air deodorizer. These features give it a luxurious feel.
If you want an extraordinary toilet that you can sit on even in the coldest of months, then the washlet+ bidet seat and toilet are the best.
Why buy this Carolina ii 1.28GPF Toilet?
- It is very convenient to use, with adjustable water and seat temperatures.
- Built-in air deodorizing system
- Hole free rim design is leakage-free
- Compact and slim design
- Easy to keep clean with the Ewater plus and CeFiONtect glaze
- A powerful flush from the tornado flush clears all the contents in the bowl
- Easy to use with the auto open/close lid
- Extremely luxurious with a warm seat, nightlight, and warm air dryer
- Conserves water as it uses only 1.28 GPF
- The skirted design makes cleaning to be easy
- ADA-compliant and WaterSense certified
- Quite challenging and cumbersome to install with its skirted design
- It is expensive and luxurious
Toto MS644114CEFG #01 Carolina 2 High-Efficiency One-Piece Toilet
The Toto MS644114CEFG#01 model is the second product in this Toto Carolina ii reviews article. The Toto Carolina II high-efficiency toilet is similar to the Toto Carolina II washlet+ toilet, and the only difference is that the former comes with extra features for luxury. The Carolina 2 high-efficiency toilet is very comfortable as it has a universal height. The elongated bowl offers comfort to users, and the SoftClose seat prevents the loud bang that most toilets are notorious for.
Technical Specifications of the Carolina ii Toto Toilet
|Water Consumption:||1.28 GPF Toilet|
|Flush Type:||Gravity Flush Toilets|
|Double Cyclone flush system:||Yes|
|Size:||28.2 x 17.5 x 25.5 inches|
|Item Weight:||75 pounds|
|Warranty:||One-Year Limited Warranty|
|Price:||Check Today’s Price|
Additionally, the high-efficiency one-piece toilet features a skirted design that makes cleaning the toilet to be easy. Moreover, you don’t need to regularly clean this toilet as it has a SanaGloss finish which prevents waste from sticking on the ceramic surface, and a powerful double cyclone flushing system that clears everything during operation. Just like the Carolina ii washlet+ toilet, this model as well uses only 1.28 gallons of water per flush. So, you will end up saving on your water bill. Select a color that blends well with your bathroom, from cotton white, bone, white, and Sedona beige to colonial white.
Related: Similar Pricing Toilet – Woodbridge Toilet Details (Dual Flush Elongated One-Piece Toilets)
Why buy this Carolina ii 1GPF Toilet?
- Clears content in just one flush with its powerful double cyclone flushing system
- Easy to install as it features a 12-inch rough-in
- It has a soft-close seat that prevents the loud bang
- Easy to clean with its SanaGloss finish
- The Toto one-piece skirted toilet gives your bathroom a great look with its skirted design
- Easy to maintain as it is a one-piece toilet
- Universal height for easy use by elderly and taller people
- A wide range of colors to choose from
- It is time-consuming and cumbersome to install
- No harsh chemicals should be used when cleaning the toilet
Fix Common Toto Carolina II Toilet Problems
Toto Carolina II is not flushing or filling: Fill valve replacement
- Turn off the water supply, flush, and dry the toilet (with a sponge).
- Unscrew the fill valve and remove it. Now take a damp sponge and clean the tank hole.
- Insert the new fill valve inside the tank hole and tighten the nuts.
- Now attach the water supply to the fill valve shank.
- Connect the refill tube to the fill valve clip and nipple.
- Turn on the water supply and check if the issue is fixed.
Carolina II overflows or flushes slowly: Adjust the water level
- The standard water level is marked on the inner wall of the toilet tank. A high water level can cause toilet overflow, while a low water level can cause poor flushing.
- Check if the water level is high or low. Turn the screw in the (-) direction counterclockwise if the water level is too high. It will lower the water level. Now flush the toilet and check it again.
- If the water level is too low, just turn the screw clockwise in the (+) direction.
Toto Carolina II toilet stop flushing: Flush valve replacement
- Shut off the water supply, flush, and dry the tank.
- Pull the clip of the trip lever to detach the gearbox.
- Now rotate the flush tower to remove it.
- Clean the grey rubber seal gasket and place it back on the flush tower.
- Put the flush tower back in and press gently to lock it.
- Now replace the trip lever gearbox.
- Install all the parts again.
- Flush the toilet 2/3 times and check for any further leakage.
Maintenance Tips: Dos and Don’ts
Things you can use: mild dish detergent, gel-based cleaner, soft cloth, soft brush
Things you can’t use: corrosive cleaner, bleach, polishing powders, metal scrub brushes
Compare Other Toto Alternatives
|Features||Carolina II||Vespin II||Carlyle II|
|Dimensions:||28.38 x 17.13 x 25.63 inches||30.25 x 16.75 x 22 inches||32 x 20 x 23.5 inches|
|Color:||Cotton White||Cotton White||Cotton|
|Material:||Ceramic& Plastic||Ceramic||Vitreous China|
|Weight:||113.3 Pounds||106.5 Pounds||110 Pounds|
|Design:||One Piece||Two Piece||One Piece|
|Flush Type:||Tornado Flush||Gravity Flush||Tornado Flush|
The two outstanding toilet models from Toto are the Carolina ii washlet and the Carolina ii high-efficiency toilets. They feature several corresponding features, but they still differ. The two toilets are equipped with a skirted design, double cyclone flushing system, SanaGloss finish, soft-close seat, and one-piece toilet design, and are ADA compliant. But they also differ in that the washlet is a luxurious toilet while the high-efficiency toilet is a basic model. The washlet features additional features like a warm seat, remote control, warm air dryer, automatic air deodorizer, and nightlight. This is what makes it more expensive than the Carolina high-efficiency toilet.
Therefore, if you’re looking for a luxurious toilet and are ready to spend, go for the Carolina washlet+ toilet. But if you just want a basic model, then the Carolina high-efficiency toilet is the best for you. I hope this Toto Carolina ii review article will help to pick a good toilet.
Question: How can I find out why my toilet isn’t flushing properly?
Answer: If your toilet isn’t flushing well, it needs to be checked and corrected as soon as possible. Common flushing problems may result from clogged sewer lines, improper settings or worn-out toilet parts, and clogged vent lines. Some of the signs to look out for in a bad flushing system include when flushing, the toilet’s water level would rise in the bowl and slowly drain. Another sign is when the toilet bubbles or you get a weak flush that may leave behind waste in the toilet bowl. Whatever the problem, you can rectify it or have a plumber do so.
Question: What is a universal height or ADA-compliant toilet?
Answer: When a toilet is described as being ADA certified, this means that it is of standard height or universal height. In short, it is comfortable for different users. Normally, the toilet that is ADA compliant has a height that lies between 17 inches and 19 inches from the floor to the top of the toilet seat. Universal height-compliant toilets meet the standards set by the Americans with Disabilities Act and are needed for public restrooms. These toilets can be used by both the elderly and tall people with much ease.
Question: What is a Softclose seat?
Answer: A Softclose seat is a toilet seat that slowly closes with just a small tap. SoftClose seats prevent the loud bang that most toilets make when the seat is dropped. Typically, there are two types of soft-close seats. These are the traditional soft-close seat and the standard Softclose seat. The traditional Softclose seat features a beveled edge cut into the lid, providing more detail, while the standard soft-close seat features smooth lids.
We are really lucky to have a hard-working, multi-skilled plumber on our team. Collin D. Gallegos, a professional plumber who has worked with us since 2012, is an expert in vent, septic, and drainage systems. He is a Certified Master Plumber and has worked on various commercial plumbing projects. He usually helps our readers resolve plumbing and pipe-related issues with a proper DIY troubleshooting and repair guide.