The Toto Aquia toilet collection was inspired by European lifestyles. That’s why they are very intuitive and have some of the best flush toilet designs on the market.
In this Toto Aquia VS Aquia II VS Aquia III VS Aquia IV article, we’ll compare some of the best Toto toilets and help you select one that you think meets your needs and budget. These toilets have similar features but they also differ in one or two ways.
Whether you’re remodeling your bathroom or replacing your old toilet with a new one, the Toto Aquia collection can be a good place to look for your next toilet. Just like any other Toto toilet collection, the Aquia collection has different types of toilets offered at different prices.
Comparison Chart: Toto Aquia VS Aquia II VS Aquia III VS Aquia IV
Detail Features of the Toto Aquia, Aquia II, Aquia III and Aquia IV
Toto CST412MF.01 Aquia Dual Flush Toilet
This is the first Aquia toilet model. The Toto Aquia I is a simple but powerful toilet that can fit in any modern bathroom. It comes with a 12-inch rough-in and has an elongated bowl design. But you will have to buy the toilet seat separately as it is not included in the purchase. The dual max flushing system does a great job of eliminating both liquid and solid waste in a just a single flush. For liquid waste, press the chrome button for 0.9 gallons per flush and for a solid waste, press the button for 1.6 gallons per flush. So, the toilet is EPA WaterSense certified. Also, this toilet is very comfortable as it features a universal height.
With all these amazing features, this toilet is sold at a very favorable price.
- Comfortable toilet with its elongated bowl design
- Standard height for use by different people
- Easy to install and clean
- Compact design
- Affordable price
- Saves a lot of water with the dual flush mechanism
- Toilet seat has to be purchased separately
- Not fully ADA complaint as the lever is not on the right side
- The chrome buttons are not very durable
Toto CST416M#03 Aquia II Two-Piece Toilet
The Toto Aquia ii toilet is holistically designed to match any contemporary bathroom. The two-piece toilet comes with an elongated toilet bowl, tank cover, fittings, and chrome plated push button. It also has a wide range of colors to choose from such as bone, colonial white, cotton white, Sedona beige, and ebony. With its dual flushing system, you will be able to save water as you’ll use 0.9 gallons of water per flush for liquid wastes and 1.6 gallons of water per flush for solid wastes. The flushing system is very efficient as it clears the contents in just one flush. The only shortcoming is that you will have to purchase a seat separately, which is an added cost. The Aquia ii toilet is heavier than the Aquia I toilet.
- Powerful dual max flushing system
- Saves water with two flushing options
- Large glazed trap way to prevent clogging
- Elongated bowl shape for comfort
- Easy to use and install
- Great price
- One year warranty
- Features chrome push button which may have to be changed on a yearly basis
- Toilet seat has to be bought separately
Toto CST464MF-01 Aquia III Dual Max Toilet
Of all the 4 Aquia toilets on this list, the Toto Aquia iii toilet appears to be different from the rest as it doesn’t have a skirted design. So, cleaning outside the toilet can be a little bit challenging because of the nooks and crannies that have to be scrubbed to get rid of dirt. Besides this, the toilet has similar features to the other Toto Aquia toilets. It features a dual-max flush system, elongated bowl design, universal height, and large 2-1/8-inch fully glazed trap way. It also uses 0.9 PGF for light wastes and 1.6 GPF for heavy wastes.
- Universal height
- Comfortable elongated bowl shape
- Easy to use and installation
- Excellent design that blends with modern bathrooms
- Powerful dual max flushing system that clears wastes easily
- Large glazed trap way prevents clogs
- Toilet seat has to be purchased separately
- Not fully ADA compliant as it has a lever on top of the tank
Toto MS446124CUMG#01 Aquia IV IG Washlet Toilet
If you’re looking for a sleek and more powerful Toto Aquia toilet model, then the Toto Aquia iv washlet is a great option. This toilet features the Dynamax tornado flushing system that uses 360 degrees cleaning power to access every corner of the bowl. In addition, it has a CeFiONtect finish which prevents mold and debris from sticking on the ceramic surfaces. During operation, the toilet is silent because the bowl design reduces water resistance and turbulence. On top of that, it uses the least amount of water among the different Toto Aquia toilet models. For liquid waste, it uses 0.8 GPF and for solid waste, it uses 1.0 GPF. Also, it features a soft-close seat and a universal height for great comfort during use.
- Compact and sleek design
- Has a skirted design for easy cleaning
- Features the powerful Dynamax tornado flush
- Saves water with its high-efficiency dual flushing system
- Comes with a soft-close seat so no more seat slamming
- Provides a quieter flush
- Elongated bowl design and universal height offer great comfort
- Has a CeFiONtect technology that keeps the toilet clean most of the time
- It is quite expensive when compared to other Aquia toilets
- It is a bit challenging to install
After looking at the Toto Aquia toilet collection, it is apparent that there is no “one size fits all” toilet. Every toilet has its own ups and downs. If you are low on the budget but want a powerful and stylish toilet, the Aquia or Aqua ii can be a good option. But if you want a more versatile toilet with additional features, then the Aqua iv toilet is the best. Its skirted design will make your bathroom look lovelier, but you will have to pay more in order to get it.
Question: What is the bowl height for the Toto Aquia II toilet?
Answer: The Aquia II toilet comes with a bowl height of 16-inches. This is without a seat. With a seat, the height is around 17-inches, which is a comfortable height. This is the ADA height and it is very comfortable for different users. To confirm the height of the toilet, you can always check in the manual or specification sheet. It has all the dimensions for the toilet.
Question: Why is it important to check my supply line before selecting a skirted toilet?
Answer: There are skirted toilets that cover the back of the toilet, with the toilet skirt extending very close to the back wall. This can be a hindrance to the supply line of the toilet. Even though your plumber can always move the supply lines, this is a costly undertaking. Go through the toilet’s spec sheet to make sure your supply line will fit with a skirted toilet.
Question: What should I do if I smell an odor in my washlet?
Answer: If there is an odor in your washlet, this can be removed with much ease. Simply remove the main unit and clean the deodorizer screen. Start by removing the deodorizer filter, then unplug the power, clean the filter using a toothbrush, connect the deodorizer filter, connect the main unit, and finally, plug in the power cord.
- 1 Comparison Chart: Toto Aquia VS Aquia II VS Aquia III VS Aquia IV
- 2 Detail Features of the Toto Aquia, Aquia II, Aquia III and Aquia IV
- 3 FAQ