What is a toilet seat lid?
The toilet seat lid is mainly the portion of the toilet that is attached to the toilet bowl and seat. It covers the internal proceedings of the toilet bowl and conceals the toilet trapways. The lid is crucial as it blooms the beautification of the toilet and impedes the sprinkling and micro-particle while flushing the toilet. The toilet seat lid is vulnerable to too much weight. So you should not put anything obese on this.
What is the purpose of a toilet seat lid?
You always want that your bathroom remains fresh and free from all types of foul odor or microorganisms. The toilet seat lid serves all the purposes of keeping the toilet’s ambiance fresh. The goals of setting up toilet seat lids are as follows,
- When you flush by keeping the toilet seat lid, it spreads unwanted germs particles, and the tiny sprinkling ocean of germs sticks to the wall and other bathroom accessories. So if you keep the lid down while flushing, germs remain in the bowl and flush down to the toilet drain.
- The toilet seat lid keeps your child safe from any kind of violence occurring in the bathroom. Or the pets are also kept secure when the lid is off.
- It prevents bad odor while kept close. Sometimes people sit on the lid, which is not ethical as there is a quiet chance of any kind of miss-occurrence.
What is the toilet seat lid made of?
The lid is attached to the toilet seat, and it is made of the same toilet seat material. You can find lots of different materials in the shop. The lids are mainly made of these materials,
Plastic seat lid:
The plastic seat lid is one of the most usable lids around the world. They are used widely because of the cheap rate of the product. Most plastic seats are made from polypropylene and can come in tons of colors and varieties. In the meantime, plastic lids are not very popular because of their less durability. Wooden toilet seat lid:
The Wooden formation is another tremendous version of the toilet Seat lid because of the uniqueness and versatility of the wooden material. The wooden toilet seats feel so much more comfortable, and the appearance of the heart is quite appreciable in the aesthetic approach. But the big problem is that wooden lids are too prone to rot and damage.
Duroplast toilet lid:
Duroplast is a synthetic material that is really very hard and good-looking. The prime aspect of this product is that you can find a variety of colorful and printed choices. But one point that makes it less attractive is that it is not sustainable and gets drowsy in a short period of time.
Veneer toilet seat lid:
It is mostly the alternative to the wooden lid; they look mostly the same, but another point of concern is that they are more cost-effective than wood, and moreover, they are very much durable in their point of view.
Resin toilet lid:
This material is mainly considered a combination of aesthetics and usability and is also very much nature-friendly. We need to increase the use of Resin Toilet Seat lids.
Is it OK to sit on a toilet seat lid?
It is often seen that people sit on the toilet lid aimlessly. Though it does not cause any harm, we suggest you not do that. Why? Because if you put too much weight, there is a chance that it might collapse and cause bad injury to the user. It is not as durable as a toilet seat. If this doesn’t happen, the extra pressure on the lid may harm the toilet seat nuts and bolts. They might lose or may get broken. So it is not ethical to sit on a toilet seat lid. It’s also considered bad etiquette.
Are toilet seat lids universal?
Toilet seat lids are not probably universal as they have a variety of sizes and measurements. But the measurement varies in the case of round and elongated toilets. The stated Toilet seat lid for the rounded toilet lies within 16 to 17 inches. And in the case of the elongated toilets, the measurement is about 18 to 19.5 inches, and the width for both toilet types is 14 to 14.5 inches. That is not a fixed length and width for a toilet lid. The measurement can vary in the case of customized toilets.
Should you close the toilet lid before flushing?
It would be best to close the toilet lids every time you flush because when you flush, the swirling action dissipates tiny waste particles and solid microorganisms that might stick to the wall, towel, or toothbrush or spill onto the floor of the bathroom. It also spreads a foul smell when you flush by opening the lid. So to maintain hygiene and cleanness, you should close the toilet lid before flushing.
How to replace a broken toilet seat lid?
Replacing a broken toilet seat lid is a simple job. Let me explain how it is done,
- First, position the toilet seat tightly, put the lid down over the seat, and cover the toilet bowl. Flip up the tabs which conceal the bolts that securely have been tightened with the heart and lid.
- Apply a smart wrench to loosen the bolts beneath the toilet seat. The nuts will be on the underside of the toilet. Then remove the toilet seat and lid and store them safely.
- Finally, install a new lid the same size as the earlier one you replaced. Put the lid in place tightly, and. Use a wrench to rotate the nuts and tighten them securely. That’s how you can easily replace a broken toilet seat lid.
Hi, this is Robert Crossan, the owner of this website, has 17 years of experience in the installation, maintenance, and repair of toilets and plumbing systems. After completing the Level 2 Basic Plumbing course in 2005, I started working in both domestic and commercial buildings as a professional plumber. So I can figure out the core difference between different toilet models and brands. It also helped me monitor their work performance and setbacks.