American Standard toilets have proven to be some of the most efficient and powerful toilets you will ever encounter. And American Standard Cadet 3 is one of the best-selling Flushing toilets from this brand. It is a USA-based toilet brand whose support team is very responsive. It is estimated that in every five homes in the US, at least 2 of them have an American Standard toilet. You may confuse American Standard Cadet 3 and American Standard Cadet Pro. They are not the same toilet, but they have many features and similarities. Why is Cadet 3 one of the most popular toilets from this brand? Read the American Standard Cadet 3 review post for more details about these toilets.
American Standard Cadet 3 Toilet- Common Problems
Running Toilet Problem
- Flush valve opened
- The flush valve chain is too tight
- Worn-out Flush valve or flapper
- Clogged system
Cadet 3 does not flush
- Closed/blocked water supply valve/line
- Loose flush valve chain
- Clog in the water control system
American Standard Cadet 3 Toilet leaks
- Loose water supply line connection
- Poor bowl-to-tank connection
- The Wax seal or gasket is worn out
- Poor floor connection
Poor flushing Problem
- The low water level in the bowl
- Closed supply valve
- Clogged trapway and
- Low supply pressure
- Clog drain pipe or vent
What should I do when the water trickles into the bowl?
A hissing sound from your toilet normally accompanies trickling water. If this is the case, you should inspect the float, the refill tube, and the inlet valve assembly. Begin by identifying whether the float is sticking or requires to be changed. Then, ensure the refill tube is not installed far into the overflow tube.
My bowl empties slowly; what is the problem?
You probably have a clogged hole(s) below the rim of the toilet. This can be rectified easily using a curved wire to poke lightly into every flush hole to remove the debris. You can also use a small wire to help you view clearly under the rim.
Our Recommend Top 2 American Standard Cadet 3 Toilet Comparison Table
|Cadet 3 Toilets
|(One-Piece Toilet Choice)
|American Standard 2403128.020 2403128.02 High Efficiency Toilet, White
|(Two-Piece Toilet Choice)
|American Standard 2988.101.020 Concealed Trapway Cadet 3 Right Height Round Front Flowise 1.28 gpf Toilet with Seat, White
We’ve selected to review one of the most celebrated American Standard toilet models. It is called the American Standard Cadet 3 toilet. The toilet is high-efficient and reliable. This model offers different toilets, such as one-piece, two-piece, elongated, and round bowl toilets.
Here are two toilet models that will give you an excellent experience and allow you to save water and reduce your water bill:
American Standard 2988.101.020 Cadet 3 Toilet Review
The American Standard toilet design delivers high performance with fewer clogs because of its powerful flushing mechanism. In addition, it only uses 1.28 gallons of water per flush. Thus, you get to save water and reduce your water bill.
The toilet is also easy to clean as it has an EverClean surface that prevents the growth of mold, mildew, and bacteria on the surface. Besides, the concealed trap away makes cleaning outside to be easy.
American Standard 2988.101.020 Cadet 3 Toilet
|MAP Testing Score:
|>= 1000 (Highly Recommended)
|28.2 x 15.8 x 30.8 inches
|Limited 5-Year warranty
|Check Today’s Price On Amazon
When it comes to comfort, this is the ideal toilet for you. It has a round bowl design and comes with a slow-close seat. But you can change the seat if you don’t like this one. The toilet is also of a standard height and can be used by elderly and disabled people. The simple and compact design with a white finish will seamlessly blend with your bathroom décor. You can install it without the help of a plumber, as it comes with a standard 12-inch rough-in.
Related product: American Standard Vormax Elongated Toilet Reviews
The greatest advantage of this toilet is that it can move bulk flushing of 1000 grams and leave the toilet clean and sparkling. But at the same time, you can save 20% less water than a standard toilet.
Why buy this American Standard Cadet 3 FloWise toilet?
- It is water efficient as it only uses 1.28 gallons of water per flush
- The Cadet 3 flushing system provides a stronger and more reliable flush
- It comes with an EverClean surface that resists mold, mildew, and bacteria to keep the toilet clean for longer.
- It has a large 3-inch chemical-resistant flush valve enables water to enter the bowl faster, thus creating a cleaner flush.
- A 5-year limited warranty backs the Cadet 3 two-piece toilet
- The round bowl design and standard height provide comfort to the user
- Its concealed trap way makes cleaning the toilet to be easy and quick
- The toilet comes with a slow-close seat for added comfort and covers with an easy lift-off feature
- The design of the toilet seat is not good and very uncomfortable. Please select another seat and install it.
- The toilet is somehow small for adults and older adults.
American Standard 2403.128.020 Toilet Review
This is a compact and beautifully designed one-piece toilet. It features a high-performing Cadet 3 flushing system rated to handle 1,000 grams of solid waste in just one flush. The Cadet 3 has a smart gravity design with high performance and fewer clogs. You won’t have to flush twice and only use 1.28 gallons of water per flush. Therefore, you will end up saving both water and money.
Technical Specifications of the American Standard 2403.128.020 Cadet 3 Toilets:
2403.128.020 Cadet 3
|MAP Testing Score:
|>= 1000 (Highly Recommended)
|37.5 x 37 x 26 inches
|ADA CompliantWatersense Certified
|Check Today’s Price On Amazon
In addition, the one-piece Cadet 3 toilet has a 3-inch valve with a chemical-resistant flapper that allows more water into the bowl, thus creating a cleaner flush. This large valve allows water to flow faster into the valve than the standard 2-inch valve. Moreover, the toilet has a fully glazed 2-1/8-inch siphon trap way with no choke points and a 2-inch ball pass that helps to avoid clogging. Unlike other toilet designs, this one is very easy to clean as it features the EverClean surface that inhibits the development of stain and odor-causing molds, bacteria, and mildew. So, the toilet remains cleaner for longer after every flush.
Another amazing feature of this toilet is that it is very comfortable. Thanks to its elongated bowl design and standard toilet seat height. Using the toilet is also convenient as it has a self-closing toilet seat, and the trip lever is located on the left-hand side. Accompanied by a 5-year warranty, this is an efficient and lovely toilet to install in your modern bathroom.
Why buy this American Standard Cadet 3 elongated toilet?
- The Cadet 3 comes with an EverClean surface inside and outside the toilet that prevents the development of stains and odor, causing mold, bacteria, and mildew on the toilet surface.
- It has a large 3-inch flush valve that allows more water to enter the tank, thus creating a cleaner flush.
- The Cadet 3 flushing system is efficient and can handle 1 000 grams of solid waste in a single flush.
- The toilet is very easy to clean with its smooth surface and one-piece design
- Its elongated bowl provides the user with great comfort as there is more sitting space
- The toilet is highly water-efficient as it only uses 1.28 gallons of water per flush
- It is ADA-compliant as it is of a standard height and has the trip lever located on the left-hand side.
- The manufacturer offers a 5-year limited warranty
- The slow-closing toilet seat is somehow cheaply made and not that comfortable
- Customers have complained that it doesn’t clear waste in one flush, which is intimidating
American Standard Cadet 3 toilet design is one of the most sought-after toilet models in the market. If you need a good flushing toilet, then buy this. This toilet offers great performance, and it is very easy to clean. Installing the toilet is also simple, and it is very comfortable. The toilet user saves a lot of water as it only uses 1.28 gallons of water per flush. So, not only do you save on your water bill but as well as conserves water. This powerful, silent flushing mechanism is a great addition to any home. It is a USA-based toilet brand. That’s why it is easier to come across an American toilet brand in most toilets in the USA than any other brand. I hope You have a clear idea about this American Standard Cadet 3 review post.
Question: Does American Standard offer a warranty?
Answer: Of all the various top toilet brands on the market, American Standard offers the best warranty. It starts with a 2-year warranty for models like Evolution and H2Option, while the Cadet 3 has a 5-year warranty. The Champion 4 and Titan toilet has the best warranty of 10 years.
Question: How to install an American Standard Cadet 3 toilet?
Question: Does American Standard Cadet 3 come in colors?
Answer: No, this model is only available in white.
Question: What size flapper works with the American Standard Cadet 3 toilet?
Answer: The toilet has a 3-inch flapper.
Question: How loud is the American Standard Cadet 3?
Answer: Though the Cadet 3 flushing system is powerful, it is less noisy. But if the toilet is loud, check for any blockage in the water line or drainage system.
Question: How tall is the American Standard Cadet 3 toilet seat?
Answer: 16.5 inches
Question: Which is better, American Standard Cadet 3 or Champion 4?
|Flush Valve Size:
Hi, this is Robert Crossan, the owner of this website, has 17 years of experience in the installation, maintenance, and repair of toilets and plumbing systems. After completing the Level 2 Basic Plumbing course in 2005, I started working in both domestic and commercial buildings as a professional plumber. So I can figure out the core difference between different toilet models and brands. It also helped me monitor their work performance and setbacks.