American Standard brand offers high-performance and stylish toilets. Their toilets are also of great value and can be used for different projects. In this American Standard Champion 4 VS Champion 4 max post, we’re going to look at these two toilets. But which toilet is better? American Standard Champion 4 or American Standard Champion 4 Max.
Both of these toilets offer outstanding features but have their own pros and cons as well. We’ve highlighted their features, pros, and cons as a way of helping you to make a quick and well-informed decision on which toilet to acquire.
For Water-Efficiency: Buy American Standard Champion 4 Max Toilet
For Small Bathroom: Buy American Standard Champion 4 Toilet
Features Comparison: American Standard Champion 4 VS Champion 4 Max
Even though these toilets share a lot of similarities, they also have some differences. These have been tabled below:
American Standard Champion 4
American Standard Champion 4 Max
|Toilet type:||One-Piece Toilet||Two-piece toilet|
|Product Weight:||119 pounds||104 pounds|
|Water Consumption:||1.6 GPF||1.28 GPF|
|Certification:||Not Applicable||ADA Complaint|
|Trapway Diameter:||2.37 inches||2.12 inches|
|Bowl Height without Seat:||15 inches||16.5 inches|
|Bowl Height:||Standard height||Chair Height|
|Flush Technology:||Siphon Jet||Gravity Fed|
|Dimension:||29.8 x 17.8 x 29.5 inches||30.25 x 17.37 x 31.125 inches|
|Warranty:||10-year limited||10-year warranty|
|Price:||RecommendedCheck Today’s Price||Check Today’s Price|
American Standard Champion 4
The American Standard Champion 4 one-piece toilet is durably made to last long. The toilet features a sleek and comfortable toilet design that will change the look of your bathroom. It has an elongated bowl that will provide comfort, and the right height bowl will make sitting on or standing up from the toilet to be easy and quick.
It also has the Champion 4 flushing system, which features a 4-inch valve that pushes water into the bowl 3 times faster than the standard 2-inch flush valve. This makes it possible for the toilet to dump 360 degrees of water into the bowl in less than a second. So, the process is quick, and it leaves the bowl clean. In addition, the EverClean surface ensures that nothing sticks on the surface of the toilet, and it remains clean for longer.
The Champion 4 toilet is reliable as it comes 100% factory flush tested, and it is backed by a limited 10-year warranty. During every flush, the toilet will only use 1.6 GPF, and you will end up saving a lot of water.
- Made of sturdy vitreous china material
- The EverClean surface prevents the growth of bacteria, mold, and mildew and keeps the toilet clean
- The 4-inch valve is 3x times faster than the standard 2-inch flush valve
- It has the ability to move larger mass than standard toilets as it features a 2-1/8 trapway
- The seat is of a comfortable height
- Elongated bowl offers more comfort to the users
- Easy to clean and maintain as it is a one-piece toilet
- American Standard offers a limited 10-year warranty
- Quite challenging to install as it is heavy
- It is somehow expensive
- No seat is included. Thus you will have to buy it separately
American Standard Champion 4 Max
This is one of the latest additions to the American Standard Champion 4 toilet line. This is a two-piece design that is easy to install and use. The toilet is ADA-compliant and very comfortable to use by people of different ages. It is also sturdily constructed as it is made of vitreous china material. Just like the Champion 4 toilet, the Champion 4 max is equipped with the champion 4 flushing system, which ensures that bulk waste is moved with much ease and fast.
The American Standard Champion 4 Max comes with a slow-closing toilet seat, which prevents slamming. It has a 12-inch rough-in and comes with a complete kit and seat for easy installation. It is also of a chair height and will provide the user with great comfort. The EverClean surface keeps the toilet surface cleaner for longer, and it is EPA WaterSense certified as it only uses 1.28 GPF. When you purchase this toilet, American Standard gives you a limited 10-year warranty.
Check Today’s Price
- Offers great comfort as it features an elongated bowl
- This is a high-efficiency toilet, and it is EPA WaterSense certified
- The toilet remains clean most of the time as it has an EverClean surface
- Made of vitreous china material, which is durable & long-lasting
- The slow-close toilet lid doesn’t slam and is very convenient to use
- The Champion 4 flushing system is extremely powerful and clears waste in one flush
- The toilet moves a large mass as it has an industry-leading MaP rating of 1000 grams
- The manufacturer offers a limited 10-year warranty to buyers of the product
- Easy to install as it is a two-piece toilet with a 12-inch rough-in
- Many users have reported that the tank cracks at the handle after 2 to 3 years of use. The manufacturer should work on this as it is very disgusting for such a quality toilet.
Which is better? American Standard Champion 4 Or Champion 4 Max
Overall, it depends on where you want to install the toilet and the features that you desire most. The Champion 4 toilet is great for homes as it is feature-packed and quite costly as well. On the other hand, the Champion 4 max is affordable and suitable for public restrooms. This is because it is ADA compliant and also very effective in performance.
Still, have a question after reading this American Standard Champion 4 VS Champion 4 Max post? Comment below.
- 1 Features Comparison: American Standard Champion 4 VS Champion 4 Max
- 2 Which is better? American Standard Champion 4 Or Champion 4 Max
Hi, this is Robert Crossan, the owner of this website, has 17 years of experience in the installation, maintenance, and repair of toilets and plumbing systems. After completing the Level 2 Basic Plumbing course in 2005, I started working in both domestic and commercial buildings as a professional plumber. So I can figure out the core difference between different toilet models and brands. It also helped me monitor their work performance and setbacks.