If you love camping or traveling, there is a high chance that you’ve used a portable toilet before. Portable toilets are very convenient and easy to use when compared to other types of camping toilets. These toilets are cheap, easy to use, comfortable, and very hygienic.
Even though campers have the option of using composting toilets, these are costly, and that’s why many outdoor enthusiasts prefer portable toilets over composting toilets. So, how to find the best portable toilet for camping?
Our Recommended Top 10 Portable Toilet Comparison Table
|Image||Portable Toilet||Price Idea|
|Porta Potti White Thetford Corp|
|Check Price||Cleanwaste Go Anywhere Complete Portable Toilet System|
|Check Price||Sanitation Equipment Visa Potty Model: 248 18 Liter with 2-Level Indicators|
|Check Price||Camco Premium Travel Toilet with Detachable Tank- Simple Use and Maintenance|Excellent Outdoor Toilet Designed for Camping, Hiking, Boating, Rving and More|5.3 Gallon Capacity Commode - (FFP)(41544)|
|Check Price||SereneLife Portable Toilet - Porta Potty Seat with Piston Pump Flush, Cover and 5.3 Gallons of Water Tank Capacity for Travel, Camping, Hiking & Other Outdoor or Indoor Activities - SLCATL320|
|Check Price||Reliance Products Hassock Portable Lightweight Self-Contained Toilet (Colors May Vary)|
|Check Price||Stansport 273-100 Portable Camp Toilet|
|Check Price||Leopard Portable Outdoor RV Toilet 20 L / 5.3 Gallons - with Level Indicator & Empty Spout - Grey|
|Check Price||Dometic 1223.0154 301097206 970 Series Portable Toilet-2.6 Gallon, Gray|
|Check Price||Best Choice Products Camping Hiking Dual Spray Jets Travel Outdoor Portable Toilet, 5 gallon|
- 1 Our Recommended Top 10 Portable Toilet Comparison Table
- 2 Top 10 Best Portable Toilet Reviews 2021
- 2.1 Porta Potti White Thetford Corp
- 2.2 Cleanwaste Go Anywhere Portable Toilet System
- 2.3 Sanitation Equipment Visa Potty
- 2.4 Camco 41544 Travel Toilet
- 2.5 SereneLife Portable – Porta Potty
- 2.6 Reliance Products Hassock Portable Toilet
- 2.7 Stansport 273-100 Portable Camp Toilet
- 2.8 Leopard Portable Outdoor RV Toilet
- 2.9 Dometic 301097206 970 Series Portable Toilet
- 2.10 Best Choice Products Portable Toilet
- 3 FAQ
Top 10 Best Portable Toilet Reviews 2021
In this review, we’ve selected some of the best portable toilets for camping, and they are as follows:
Porta Potti White Thetford Corp
The Porta Potti White Thetford Corp portable toilet is sleekly designed that it will suddenly beautify its surroundings. This award-winning toilet is comfortably designed with comfortable seat height and increased bowl size. It has an efficient flushing mechanism that is battery-powered. So The difference between a flush toilet and a camping toilet is portable toilets don’t come with gravity flush or tornado flush. On top of that, this portable toilet is very easy to use and clean. You will never have any difficulty utilizing this toilet, from having an integrated toilet paper holder to a tank level indicator and ergonomic carry handle. It is the best portable toilet for RVs, healthcare, camping, boats, trucks, vans, and even off the grid lifestyle.
Furthermore, the toilet is odorless as it has a sealed valve to prevent odors from escaping, and it is also leakproof. With the hold-down kit, this toilet is very stable, and you won’t have issues sitting on or standing up from the toilet as it won’t wobble.
|Features||Porta Potti White Thetford Corp|
|Gallons Per Flush:||.07|
|Bowl Height without Seat:||17.83 in.|
|Flushing Type:||Single Flush|
|Bowl Height:||Chair Height|
|Warranty:||One year warranty|
- It is of a comfortable height
- It is extremely versatile
- Porta Potti has a sleek and modern look that will change your bathroom
- It is odorless and leaks proof
- It is easy to use and clean
- Porta Potti Thetford Corp portable toilet has a tank level indicator for showing the level of water.
- It is very stable as it has a hold down kit that helps to secure it down
- Durable construction
- One-year limited warranty
- Some users have complained that the electric flush pump fails at times
Cleanwaste Go Anywhere Portable Toilet System
A quick look at this unit might deceive you that this toilet is just an ordinary pack, but no! The Cleanwaste Go Anywhere portable toilet system is made up of a portable toilet, privacy shelter, and fifteen waste kits. This makes it ideal for camping, RV, or even hiking. The toilet system is straightforward to set up and bring down in less than a minute. Besides, it is portable, compact, and lightweight for easy transportation. It is the best lightweight, portable toilet system that you can buy.
Related: What is a Compact Toilet?
The Cleanwaste Go Anywhere portable toilet is much more comfortable than the Porta-Potty or Outhouse toilet. Furthermore, it comes with a weather-resistant tent that can withstand the wind and protect you from the sun as you use the bathroom. Despite having all these parts, this toilet is more economical than buying the toilet parts separately.
- It is extremely easy to use and set up
- It is sturdily constructed
- Clearwater portable travel toilet is very comfortable
- It is easy to clean up
- The toilet is more economical than buying parts separately
- It is compact and lightweight
- It is very private as it comes with shelter
- The toilet is not very durable as it is made out of cheap plastic
- Poor customer service
Sanitation Equipment Visa Potty
The Sanitation Equipment Visa model 248 has a 24 liter capacity with a freshwater tank and a tank waste. Every tank comes with its own level indicator that lets you know when you should refill water or dispose of waste respectively. It has an easy-to-use replaceable piston pump with a two-directional rinse for enhanced bowl surface coverage. The holding tank vent is easy to clean and makes discharging to be simple as well. For proper cleaning, you can easily detach the spout storage compartment. It is the best portable toilet for RV, Camping, or Boating.
Related: What is a Tankless Toilet?
The Visa Potty 248 model features an extra deep bowl that provides the user with additional comfort. Apart from that, it has a lid that snaps during the closing to avoid vibration when moving. This is a great toilet for tiny houses or for RVs.
- It is easier to read freshwater level and tank waste level indicator
- It is easy to clean
- Sanitation Potty toilet is easy to use
- It comes with an extra deep bowl for greater comfort
- It is easier to discharge waste as it comes with a holding tank
- After some time of use between the top and bottom unit, the toilet leaks because the rubber seal becomes worn out quickly.
- The pull handle is not sturdily made as many users have complained that it breaks off easily.
Camco 41544 Travel Toilet
As compact and portable as this toilet looks, you will be amazed at how effectively it performs. The Camco 41544 travel toilet is a sleek and lovely toilet that will be easy to use and dispose of. Like Luggable Loo, this is a 5.3 gallons toilet with a detachable tank, and it produces 3.75 gallons of water per flush. The pumping flushing action is very effective as it cleans the bowl leaving it clean after every use. In addition, it has a swivel dumping elbow that makes waste removal to be fast and easy. Camco is the best portable toilet for the van.
Related: What is a Self-Cleaning Toilet?
Apart from being compact, this device is well constructed as it is made of slick ABS material, and it helps to prevent odors from clinging, thus doing the cleaning to be easy. This toilet won’t leak or produce strong odors as it has sliding gate valve seals. At such a great price, this is a nice toilet to have for your camping trip.
- It is odor-free and doesn’t leak
- It is easy to remove waste with the swivel dump station
- A powerful flushing system leaves the bowl clean
- It has a large capacity detachable holding tank of 5.3 gallons
- Made up of sturdy ABS material
- Sleek and compact design
- Larger seat size for comfort
- The toilet leaks as the rubber seal between the tank and seat don’t seal very well. If this is an issue, you can buy a Folding toilet.
- The toilet is not completely odorless, as some users have complained about it.
SereneLife Portable – Porta Potty
The SereneLife Portable Porta Potty is a compact and portable travel toilet with an efficient flushing mechanism. It has a 3-way flush nozzle design that can flush more than 50 times with its 3.2 gallons of fresh water tank capacity. The toilet flushes and rinses the bowl with its freshwater reserve leaving it clean. Also, it has a very easy access waste tank that makes disposal to be fast and simple. The extra-large tank on the toilet holds more water than most portable camping toilets as it can hold up to 5.3 gallons.
Related: What is a Macerating Toilet?
Additionally, the toilet is ruggedly constructed and has no external water or power connections. It also has a vent and wastewater tank level indication. You won’t experience any odors or leaks as it has a double-sealed drain valve that protects it.
- Durable construction
- It is easy to clean
- It has an extra-large toilet tank
- SerenLife Porta Potty is very easy to use
- It has a covered toilet seat
- It is corrosion resistant
- SerenLife Portable toilet has an efficient system that can flush 50 plus times.
- It flushes and rinses the bowl with its freshwater reserve
- The toilet has an easy access waste tank for quick disposal
- It is protected against leaks and odors with the double-sealed drain valve
- This toilet is quite challenging to clean because of its interior design
Reliance Products Hassock Portable Toilet
If you’ve been looking for an extremely portable and compact toilet for your camping trip or RV, this is the toilet to go for. The Reliance products Hassock portable toilet is a lightweight and compact toilet that you will have an easy time carrying or transporting. It is a self-contained toilet thus very convenient to use. The unit comes with a removable 5-gallon bucket for fast and easy removal of waste. Hassock is the best portable toilet for the money.
Related: What is a Comfort Height Toilet?
Moreover, it has a contoured seat for added comfort and an inner splash cover or toilet paper holder. With a 5-year warranty, this is a wonderful camping toilet that will meet all your needs without being a burden to you.
- It is portable and lightweight
- It has a removable inner bucket for easy waste disposal
- Hassock portable toilet is very comfortable as it comes with a contoured seat
- It is a self-contained gallon bucket toilet
- It has an inner splash cover or toilet paper holder
- 5-year warranty
- Many users have complained that the bucket toilet doesn’t sit right as it wobbles a bit.
- The toilet is not very durable as the bucket is somehow weak and not well-made.
Stansport 273-100 Portable Camp Toilet
The Stansport 273-100 portable camping toilet or bucket toilet is a simple but efficient toilet best fitted for camping and for RVs. The toilet comes with a full-size seat and built-in handles that enable the user to carry the toilet with much ease. Also, it offers an easy cleaning system. You have to dispose of the waste into waste bags for effortless cleaning. You can also use sawdust if you don’t want to use waste bags. The toilet seat has a lid with sturdy thick wall construction, offering a lot of support during use and allowing it to stay closed when it is not.
As a result, transporting this unit is very easy and convenient. This toilet is able to serve most people comfortably and is suitable than standard camping toilets. Despite its compact size, the Standpsort toilet is still comfortable and very efficient in performance.
- It is effortless to carry as it comes with a built-in handle
- It comes with a full-size seat for added comfort
- Stansport camp toilet has a lid with thick wall construction to prevent odor from coming out.
- It is easy to dispose of waste as it features a sanitary bag
- It is of a comfortable height from the floor
- Stansport portable toilet has the ability to support up to 350 lbs
- It is compact, thus very easy to store
- You will have to purchase an additional sanitary garbage bag
- It has a small bucket that needs to be emptied regularly
Leopard Portable Outdoor RV Toilet
The Leopard Portable Outdoor RV toilet doesn’t need any external water or power connections to work. It is sturdily made of polyethylene material that makes it be long-lasting. It also features a new type 3-way flush for full bowl coverage, clears waste quietly, and leaves the bowl clean. The unit has a 3-gallon fresh water capacity and a 5.3-gallon waste tank capacity. It also has a power flushing system considering Camco portable toilets or Luggable loo tour toilets.
Furthermore, it comes with a sealed gate valve that locks in odors and protects it against leakage. With the level indicator, you will know the capacity of the waste tank and when to dispose of it quickly. It is also easier to clean as it is detachable.
- It has a level indicator to show the capacity of the waste tank
- It has a powerful 3-way flush that flushes quietly and leaves the bowl clean
- Easy to use by simply pressing the piston pump
- It has a sealed valve that locks in odors and prevents leaks
- It is easy to transport as it has handles on the sides of both the top and bottom
- Leopard toilet has a large capacity waste tank of 5.3 gallons
- It is easy to clean as it is detachable.
- It is too small for a big person to use
- Emptying the toilet is quite cumbersome, especially when it comes to solids.
Dometic 301097206 970 Series Portable Toilet
The Dometic 970 series portable toilet offers you comfort away from home. The toilet is made of high-strength ABS material, which is capable of withstanding harsh conditions. Unlike most camping toilets, this one is easy to clean as it has a matte finish. It is also scratch-resistant and will offer many years of use.
Apart from that, the toilet comes with an adult seat and lid that provides comfort and safety to the different users. One of the exceptional features of this toilet is its powerful push-button pressurized flush that clears contents and leaves the bowl looking sparkling clean.
- It is a Compact and portable
- Smooth and simple to clean finish
- Portable and lightweight toilet
- Easy to use with the push-button flush
- Durable construction as its made of ABS material
- Large waste tank
- It is very comfortable as it has a full-size seat
- The prismatic tank level indicator allows easy tank level monitoring
- Some users have reported leaks after light use
Best Choice Products Portable Toilet
Best Choice Products portable toilet is an ideal camping, traveling, and outdoor toilet. It is compact in design and very easy to transport. The self-contained toilet comes with a detachable water tank and waste tank for easy cleaning. It uses dual spray jets that provide efficient rotary flow with more than 5o flushes. The toilet is odorless and leak-proof. Thus it won’t be a problem on your boat or RV. The toilet seat is full-size and offers great comfort. Since it is made of durable burst-proof plastic, this is a toilet that will last for many years to come. If you are looking for the best portable toilet for the boat, then buy this.
- It flushes quickly and clean
- It is odorless and leak-proof
- The portable toilet comes with a full-size seat that provides comfort
- It is made of durable burst-proof plastic
- Detachable waste tank makes cleaning to be easy
- Self-contained design
- The compact and portable unit
- The lid and seat area flimsy made
If you’ve been searching for the best portable toilet for camping, I hope this guide has helped you to select a toilet that meets your needs and demands. When buying a portable toilet for camping, you should look for the features that you desire. It doesn’t matter if you want a toilet for the boat, camping, or RV. It should be easy to dispose of waste with an ideal volume to serve you the days that you will be away.
Question: My portable toilet has an odor coming from it; what is the problem?
Answer: When a portable toilet is producing an odor, it may be because of debris blocking the seal from closing well, or the valve may have an issue. Check these and see if they have to be repaired or replaced. Call a plumber to carry out a proper inspection.
Question: Why are portable toilets good for use?
Answer: This is because the toilets themselves are easy to use, very hygienic, have a wide selection as there are different models to pick from, and they offer great comfort despite their compact design.
Question: What to consider when buying a portable camping toilet?
Answer: There are a lot of things that you should look at when buying a camping toilet. But the major things to consider include the volume of the toilet, waste disposal, dimensions of the toilet, ease of use, comfort, and ease of cleaning.
Still, have a question after reading our best portable toilet reviews? Comment below.